South Walker Creek CPP Upgrade
Situated in the Bowen Basin, pre-planning and logistical analysis are key to delivering the project while the existing run of mine and dense media cyclone circuits continue to operate which heightens the level of risk and with it the level of scrutiny on safety. Safety is managed on-site by Kenny staff and is without incident to date.
- Installation of co-ordinated service conduit network.
- Formwork for the CPP, Coal Thickener, Tailings Thickener, Transfer Stations and other concrete works.
- All re-inforcement steel through-out the project.
- Installation of co-ordinated hold down bolts integral to the structural super-structure.
- Placement and finishing of over 4,500m3 of concrete slabs and plinths.
This facility will improve the mine's current annual production capacity of marketable coal, currently approximately 3.2 million tonnes per annum and will be completed without interfering with scheduled production.